Garden and Outdoors
Online marketplace for clothing, household items, toys, jewelry, crafts, accessories, collectibles. They claim lower fees, quicker, simple & easier selling where sellers and buyers are individual people, not retailers. They’re Japan-US based.
• The AmazonSmile program donates 0.5% of purchases to your favorite charity, and all you need to do is start your shopping at https://smile.amazon.com.
• Amazon frequently introduces their own products to compete directly with their long-time suppliers. They often pay no federal income taxes (e.g., 2017, 2018).
• Amazon is being investigated on antitrust issues by the US Federal Trade Commission, State Attorneys General & House Subcommittee on Antitrust.
• Fosters info bubbles, political division, polarization, dis/misinformation & conspiracy theories in the US & worldwide. Despite pressure to address these issues, they have repeatedly insisted they have little capability to address the problem.
• Facebook is being investigated on antitrust, users privacy & content moderation by the Federal Trade Commission, State Attorneys General, House Subcommittee on Antitrust, Senate Judiciary Committee & Federal Communications Commission.