Criteria to choose your blogging platform include:
Features & extendibility
Monetization options – If your objective is to earn money, then choose a platform that best enables your monetization plan
Some options for starting a blog are:
A blogging platform (easiest but you’re beholden to their rules & algorithms)
A website builder (less tailored to just blogging, however you have more control over your content)
WordPress.org with an associated web hosting platform
Build a website & host your blog there (this is the old-school & inefficient way, not recommended)
Steps to launch:
1. Pick a descriptive name for your blog & domain
2. Buy a domain, blogging & hosting platform
3. Pick the theme, template & design
4. Pick platform options, plugins & add-ons
• Fosters info bubbles, political division, polarization, dis/misinformation & conspiracy theories in the US & worldwide. Despite pressure to address these issues, they have repeatedly insisted they have little capability to address the problem.
• Facebook is being investigated on antitrust, users privacy & content moderation by the Federal Trade Commission, State Attorneys General, House Subcommittee on Antitrust, Senate Judiciary Committee & Federal Communications Commission.